School Clinic is committed to:
Quality nursing care to every member of the institution;
Ensure that educational potential will not be hampered by unmet health needs;
Provide and promote current health knowledge for awareness;
Set a positive attitude towards a healthy lifestyle.
Through FAITH, EXCELLENCE AND SERVICE, health care services will be accessible and available towards the fulfillment of dreams and continuous operation of St. Michael’s College.
A. GENERAL OBJECTIVE
To promote and maintain the total health of the school populace by providing comprehensive and quality health care.
B. SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES
1. Provide quality nursing services to the school population.
2. Create awareness among students, teaching and non- teaching personnel on the importance of the promotive and preventive aspects of health through Education.
3. Encourage the provision of standard functional facilities.
4. Establish and strengthen linkages with the LGU and NGO’s for school’s community extension services.
SERVICE AND ACTIVITIES
1. Annual Physical Examination – Every year, at least once in every semester, conducts physical examination to the students, as well as teaching and non-teaching personnel.
2. Annual Dental Examination – Every year, at least once in every year, conducts physical examination to the students, as well as teaching and non-teaching personnel.
3. Student Health Counseling – Render health teaching and counseling to every member to promote and prevent illnesses in order to function and serve its purpose of this institution.
4. Health Education Programs – Provide seminar/lecture on health related topics both in formal or informal settings. This is update members of this institution about current information and current trends of the different diseases.
5. Health Environment Monitoring – Provide healthful and safe environment with emphasis on water supplies, toilets, and canteen. These areas of concern had undergone health examinations as certified by the local DOH.
6. Medical Referrals – Recommend existing health condition of every member for further assessment and intervention to other health agency/facilities.
7. Communicable Disease Control – Thorough assessment and immunization to prevent spread of any diseases by complying the requirements of DOH and advice of School Physician.
8. Classroom Inspection – A routine procedure of frequent and regular visits to check and assess health of every member.
SCHOOL CLINIC PERSONNEL
A. SCHOOL PHYSICIAN – Responsible for the operation of the medical clinic in accordance with the goal and objectives St. Michael’s College. He/she is appointed by the School President for a period of one (1) year and may be renewed as retainer personnel.
B. SCHOOL DENTIST – In charge of the operation of dental program in accordance with the goal and objectives St. Michael’s College. He/she is appointed by the School President for a period of one (1) year and may be renewed as retainer personnel.
C. SCHOOL NURSE – Responsible for the nursing needs of every member and assist the School Physician and Dentist