College of Arts and Sciences
College of Arts and Sciences values the omnipotent presence of God in every individual, the environment and the whole community. It respects socio-cultural diversity in the region and the tripeople of Mindanao. It upholds and nurtures God fearing and culturally mature individuals for a holistic social transformation.
Inspired by the Ignacian-Marian compassionate and humble service, the College of Arts and Sciences advocates good governance and ecological responsiveness.
We commit ourselves to:
- Develop students’ competence in the academic field through quality multidisciplinary programs;
- Nurture students’ cultural and artistic sensitivity;
- Build up individual’s self – expression through creative work;
- Mold value-laden individuals, who are environmentally concerned and socially responsible; and
- Exhibit deep love for the country.
The graduate of Arts and Sciences must be cultured, integrated and liberated individual, motivated by and imbued with Christ attitudes and values enabling him to effect changes of himself and his environment. He must be able to:
- Think reflectively and critically
- Apply the essential elements of social and natural sciences for his development into a productive, creative and well-rounded person with a Christian orientation, a sense of national identity, and a commitment to social involvement.
- Demonstrate his maturity, integrity and social responsibility in the commitment to the improvement of the wquality of life of his fellowmen.
- BACHELOR OF ARTS IN PHILOSOPHY
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN PSYCHOLOGY
- BACHELOR OF ARTS IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE
REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMISSION
- Entrance Examination Result (Guidance Center)
- High School Report Card ( for High School Incoming Freshmen Students)
- Photocopy of National Career Assessment Examination (NCAE) test result (for High School / Incoming Freshmen Students)
- Transcript of Records and/or computer – generated Evaluation OF Grades (for transferees and 2nd courses)
- Certificate of Good Moral Character
- Preliminary Interview by the Guidance Counselor
- Duly accomplished Admission Form (to be given after the Preliminary Interview)
- Three(3) pieces 1×1 ID pictures (identical, plain background, and latest)
Message of the Dean
Welcome to the home page of the College of Arts and Sciences at SMC-Iligan. The College is the intellectual core of St. Michael’s College, helping all students builds the foundation for their future studies. It offers programs that encourage students to take a substantial programs and trainings in an effort to provide a “well – rounded” education.
Having the corps of eminent faculty, the college focuses on tertiary education leading to a bachelor’s degree in a program designed to be completed in four years’ worth of study. Its majors at present are Philosophy, Psychology and English Language. With today’s demands, the college hopes to offer in the future more liberal learnings as well as skills as a foundation that can be applied directly in many areas of employment, including as a springboard for advanced education.
Ma. Albera B. Sabaduquia
Dean of College of Arts and Sciences